Katharina von Podewils-Joachim Schwenk
FAI International Pilots Rankings
|Competition||26th Aug 27th Apr 26th Apr 25th Apr 24th Apr 23rd Apr 22nd Apr 21st Apr 20th Apr 19th Apr 11th Jan|
|Training week||19th Apr 18th Apr 16th Apr 14th Apr 3rd Apr|
Competition - 21st Apr 2014
Weather condition has worsen significantly and many pilots had to land at the airfield without completing the task. There are some outlandings as well.
All gliders are in the air but it seems like pilots are having a hard time.
The weather situation has improved so the starst are continuing.
Starts had to be pause because pilots had trouble to keep up in the air. We are waiting at the moment to see whether the weather will improve
Starts are confirmed to 13:00
Launching is posponed to 13:00
It seems like the window is coming towards our area. First sun shines are present in Komarno. Starts are posponed to 12:30.
It is shortly after the briefing and assigned area tasks with the tasks time of 2 hours were set for all classes. The weather forecast does not look very favorable and starts are expected not earlier than 12:00. The sky is covered by clouds and it is quite cold outside. We are waiting whether the window from the Balaton will come.
15m: 117,2 - 337,1 km
20m: 113,8 - 263,2 km
Open: 123,1 - 323,6 km
Club: 109,2 - 276,9 km
Competition aera is in the flow of wet and warm air from the South. The air stratification is instable giving us good conditions for forming updrafts. Rain shovers and thunderstorms in the afternoon are expected.
After successful yesterday we hope that the weather enable us to fly again. Grid open at 8:30, runway in use is 15.