PRIBINA CUP NEWS
2013-09-03 14:10:21 (News from Epilogue)
|Final Entries Closed||
February 28th, 2014
|Unofficial Training||April 12th - 17th, 2014|
|Official Training||April 18th, 2014|
|Registration||April 18th, 2014, 10 AM - 10 PM|
|Configuration Change Closes||April 18th, 2014, 10 PM|
|Opening Briefing||April 19th, 2014, 10 AM|
|Contest Flying||April 19th - 26th, 2014|
|Farewell Party||April 26th, 2014, 8 PM|
|Closing and Prize Giving||April 26th, 2014, 9 PM|
|Reserve Flying Day||April 27th, 2014|
The registration, as usually, will start early January and will last until the end of February 2014. The selection criteria will be the same as in 2013. For that purpose we intend to use only IGC Ranking list position and number of Pribina Cups flown in the past to get the right sequence of the pilots.
2013-04-03 11:32:35 (News from Competition)
Briefing is over and so is the competition
The weather forecast for the next few days days looks very unpleasant and wet and the runway will not be usable probably for the rest of the competition. Therefore, after a long term discussion, Vladimir and Dominink decided that there is no reason to elongate the waiting. Pribina cup 2013 is called off. The weather did not favour us this year and there is no way we could influence that. We are very greatful for everybody who had taken a long journey and had come here and we hope to see you next year. You, pilots are the ones that make this competition and we thank you so much for the patience with this year Pribina. I bet you will recall to all the nice flight you had had here in the past and you will come again. Drive home safely:)
2013-04-03 09:52:50 (News from Competition)
Briefing will be held in the bar today.
Today was the first day after a longer time that we woke up into the sunny morning. The sky was clear, birds were singing and it looked like perfectly cometiting day. Even cumulus clouds appeared pretty soon. Despite the very optimistic weather forecast, the runway was in bad condition after lots of rain and snow and was unusable for competition.
There was however a possibility to make some flights from the asphalt runway. About 30 gliders took off and tried the weather. Speaking to pilots the weather was nice, cloud base around 1300m. They were trying to get to Vtacnik. It was weaking over there and there were few gliders that landed on Prievidza airfield.
Other pilots decided to take rest and spend some time in bar. The atmosphere over here is very nice and friendly and we appreciate that pilots are very pacient. Around 60 pilots registered despite the bad situation and we are very glad to see all of them here. We are still staying optimistic and we hope that we will fly soon ;)
Chances for fly today:
You can write a message/greetings to your friend or your favourite pilot, make comments and discuss the event.